From: John Stone (johns_at_ks.uiuc.edu)
Date: Fri Aug 03 2012 - 13:47:17 CDT

Hi,
  I don't know anything about the eF electrostatics server other than
what I briefly read there after searching in google. From what I read
however, it seems to me that you could do the electrostatics calculation
directly in VMD itself, either through the VMD ABPS plugin, or by using
the VMD volmap plugin, calculating the Coulomb potential map using the
multilevel summation. If your structure has no water or ions, then you
will likely be better off using APBS. If you have a simulation-ready
explicit solvent model, then you can use the VMD volmap tool. Other than
those two suggestions, I don't have other ideas for how to get that eF-surf
file to load into VMD at this moment.