From: Jernej Zidar (jernej.zidar_at_gmail.com)
Date: Thu Jul 12 2012 - 01:23:25 CDT

Dear Sir,
  On what kind (in terms of hardware) of cluster are you trying to install VMD?

  As the nodes within computer clusters typically don't have monitors
and keyboards attached, one has to enable X11 forwarding option of SSH
daemon. Also: were you root when you were installing VMD or did you
use sudo? If neither of the two is true, then VMD is probably not even
installed.

  Sidenote: Do not cross post on two mailing lists at the same time.
VMD is one program with its one mailing list, NAMD is another with its
own mailing list. Your issue is with VMD and not with NAMD.

Regards,
JZidar

--
Windows: Re-Boot, Linux: Be-Root.