From: Y U Sasidhar (sasidhar_at_chem.iitb.ac.in)
Date: Mon Oct 27 2003 - 22:25:00 CST

Ioana Cozmuta wrote:

>Hi vmd users,
>
>Is there a way to "automatically" mutate an aminoacid from a protein
>structure into another one. Say I want to replace an ALA aminoacid with a
>LEU aminoacid. Is it possible just to select the ALA aminoacid I want to
>mutate and turn it into LEU? Is there some other software out there that
>could do this on a more automatic basis?
>The way I thought doing it was to edit the pdb file myself and try to edit
>the coordinates of the atoms in the new aminoacid such that the bond
>lengths are preserved and then equilibrate the new positions. But then my
>boss told me to try "not to lose time with this" and find a software that
>does it automatically :)
>
>Any suggestions are welcomed!
>Thanks,
>Ioana

Deep view or swiss pdb viewer
www.expasy.ch/spdbv

--
 Sasidhar
Dr. Y. U. Sasidhar, Associate Professor, Department of Chemistry
Indian Institute of Technology, Powai, Mumbai 400 076, INDIA
mailto:sasidhar_at_iitb.ac.in
http://www.chem.iitb.ac.in/~sasidhar
Fax   : (+91-22 ) 2572 3480 (IIT Main), (+91-22 ) 2576 7152 (Chemistry)
Tel   : (+91-22 ) 2572 2545 Ext. 7179(O), 4176(Lab), 8179(R)
      : (+91-22 ) 2576-Ext. Number
		"Today well lived
 		 Makes every Yesterday a dream of happiness
 		 and every Tomorrow a vision of hope
 		 Look well, therefore, to THIS DAY"
                            			(Ancient Indian Wisdom)
Note :
The content of this mail may not represent the official views of the
Indian Institute of Technology, Bombay, and the Institute will not be
liable for any damages that might be  caused because of any information
that is contained herein.