From: John Stone (johns_at_ks.uiuc.edu)
Date: Wed Feb 15 2012 - 10:13:18 CST

Hi,
  I thought I'd chime in and amplify Axel's comment regarding atom
names/types. The hbond visualization and analysis functions of VMD
look for atom names/types that they recognize, if you're using
a naming scheme that VMD doesn't understand, then it won't be able to
do the visualization/analysis you want. The simplest way to fix this
is to rename the atoms, and then do a "mol reanalyze" so VMD re-tags
the atoms it is able to recognize.