From: John Stone (johns_at_ks.uiuc.edu)
Date: Tue Oct 14 2003 - 11:03:04 CDT

Dallas,
  You can control the initial size of the OpenGL window on Windows with the
"-size xxx yyy" command line paramter if you were to run it from a command
line, but at present there's no way to force the size or position of the
OpenGL window from the scripting language, at least on Windows and MacOS X.
On Unix we have implemented "display resize xxx yyy" and
"display reposition xxx yyy" commands, but these have no effect on
Windows or MacOS X, at least in the current version of VMD.

If necessary, you can add these commands to the vmd.rc file in the
VMD install directory.

Are you setting VMD up on a projection system or something of that sort?

Thanks,