From: Cosseddu, Salvatore (S.M.Cosseddu_at_warwick.ac.uk)
Date: Sun Jan 22 2012 - 15:27:30 CST

Dear Elia

If you use AUTOPSF I presume you are using CHARMM FF. If you are interested in using as VdW radii the R_min/2 parameters, take a look to
https://github.com/s-cosseddu/VMD-scripts
It's the test folder I made when I was first setting github. It happened that in those days I was working on a parser for CHARMM FF par files. This is the only script you will find there (I had no time to upload more).

The version uploaded on github does exactly what I said before: put Rmin/2 from your FF file (CHARMM format) in the VMD radius field for each atom.

Usage: from TkConsole

source parseCHARMMpar.tcl
::parseCHARMMpar::VdWassign <molID> <CHARMM parameter file>

molID could be "top" (i.g. if there is only one loaded molecule) or the number on the left of the loaded molecule on the VMD main window.

try if it helps

Regards

--
Salvatore Cosseddu