From: poker_at_physics.usyd.edu.au
Date: Fri Jan 20 2012 - 16:41:14 CST

If you load the .psf file, you can also use mass/charge information:

not (mass 1.008 and charge < 0.15)

This works for all proteins and lipids, but I haven't tested it in
sugars/DNA. To simplify things you might as well place it in a macro
in .vmdrc:

atomselect macro noah {not (mass 1.008 and charge < 0.15)}

Then you can use it like noh.