From: John Stone (johns_at_ks.uiuc.edu)
Date: Fri Nov 11 2011 - 09:32:51 CST

Hi,
  It sounds to me like your installation is missing files...
I cannot envision how your file type chooser could be empty except if
the VMD molfile plugins were either not loading, or were missing entirely.
Can you check to see whether you have a "plugins" directory here:
  C:\program files (x86)\university of illinois\vmd\plugins

If the directory exists, can you tell me if it contains any files?