From: Matt Fioravante (fmatthew5876_at_gmail.com)
Date: Wed Oct 26 2011 - 12:55:22 CDT

Hello, I'm having a lot of trouble getting vmd-1.9 to compile. Were making
some modifications to the rendering code to create a new visualization for a
graduate data visualization class.

The guide says to compile the plugins first but I can't seem to find the
plugin tree anywhere. Looking on the website there is a plugin tree for
1.8.7. However the makefile doesn't seem to work. When I try to do a
#make LINUX

or a
#make LINUXAMD64

nothing happens and nothing gets built. This is on ubuntu 11.04 x86_64.

Where can I get plugin source code for vmd-1.9? Would it be best to just use
the CVS version?