From: JC Gumbart (gumbart_at_ks.uiuc.edu)
Date: Wed Sep 28 2011 - 09:39:23 CDT

Put this block before "set keyword" in readcharmmtop.tcl

      set comment [string trimleft [string range $line [expr [string first "!" $line] + 1] end]]
      if { [string first "!" $line] != -1 } {
         set line [string range $line 0 [expr [string first "!" $line] - 1]]
      }

and comment out the "set comment" line that comes up later.