From: Philip Fowler (philip.fowler_at_ucl.ac.uk)
Date: Fri Sep 19 2003 - 11:09:11 CDT

Hi all (again),

We have a Magellan space mouse working with a compiled version of VMD with
VRPN enabled (and a bunch of other things like Tcl etc).

Except it ain't working.

(1) .vmdsensors is set-up in our installed directory with the following
uncommented

device magellantracker vrpntracker://local/Tracker0
scale 10
rot left 0 0 -1 0 1 0 1 0 0
device magellanbuttons vrpnbuttons://local/Magellan0

(we have also tried localhost)

(2) when we launch vrpn_server we get some beeps and

Reading from config file vrpn.cfg
Opening vrpn_Tracker_AnalogFly: Tracker0 with update rate 60
Opening vrpn_Magellan: Magellan0 on port /dev/spacemouse, baud 9600

(3) However, when we then set VMD going there is no communication between the
two. No further updates of the vrpn_server and Graphics | Tools does not seem
to help.

Any ideas would be greatly appreciated.

--Phil

--