From: John Stone (johns_at_ks.uiuc.edu)
Date: Wed Sep 17 2003 - 16:20:20 CDT

Dear Alan,
  It sounds like there may be a problem with your video driver's support
for glReadPixels(), which is what VMD does to capture the image from the
display, when using 'snapshot'. What type of video card are you using?
Can you email the VMD startup messages that identify the OpenGL driver
and OpenGL extensions detected by VMD?

Thanks,