From: John Stone (johns_at_ks.uiuc.edu)
Date: Wed Sep 17 2003 - 13:53:56 CDT

Hi Phil,
  In order to enable the CAVE wands/trackers in VMD, you'll need to
use the Graphics->Tools menu to add the CAVE wand as a "grab" tool.
That's usually the best way of manipulating the structure in the CAVE.
If you have a CAVE with several wands, you can add extra entries to your
.vmdsensors file beyond the ones it comes with by default.
The basics of all of that are discussed here:
  http://www.ks.uiuc.edu/Research/vmd/current/ug/node45.html

Here's a simple startup script I use when testing VMD in the NCSA CAVE,
which adds the appropriate tools etc (2nd one has no button, its just
a tracker we sometimes use for pointing, yours may be different...):

# add tools for first CAVE wand
tool create grab
tool adddevice cavetracker 0
tool adddevice cavebuttons 0

# add tools for second CAVE wand
tool create grab
tool adddevice cavetracker2 1

Let us know if you need more help with this.

Thanks,