From: John Stone (johns_at_ks.uiuc.edu)
Date: Fri Aug 05 2011 - 16:28:17 CDT

Hi,
  If you're having trouble using atom selections, please check
the VMD User's Guide to make sure your syntax is correct, and
double-check what you're selecting by using those selections
on a representation in the graphics window, so you can actually
see what your selection is getting. That should be helpful in
solving your problem. Your selections below have the "@" character
in them, this might potentially cause trouble, so you'll want to
see if that character needs to be escaped or not.