From: ع (he.yuhui.ime_at_gmail.com)
Date: Tue Jul 26 2011 - 00:48:28 CDT

Dear all,

    I am now running vmd 1.9 on CentOS 5.6. After import PDB and PSF files
of a double-stranded DNA molecule, I hope to save the image in SVG format so
that further treatment can be made with.

    I clicked "File" and then "Render". In the popped-up window, I selected
"Tachyon (internal, in-memory rendering)" for "Rendering the current scene
using:", set "Filename" as "sample.svg", and used the default "display %s"
for "Rendering command". Now, I clicked "Start rendering" button. Surely
there emergied a file "sample.svg" in the directory. However, it could not
be opened with GIMP or Inkscape tools for svg files.
    Besides, there poped up some new windows: one titled "ImageMagick:
sample.svg" which was a image of the DNA molecule; another "Commands
ImageMagick" where several buttons were presented such as "File", "Edit",
"View" and so on. I tried to select "File" -> "Save", and then wrote the
filename as "sample_1.svg" with "Format" as SVG. Howver, after clicking
"save" button, it prompted that "unable to save X image: sample.svg".

    Can anyone give me some advice?

    Thanks very much!

Yuhui

--