From: Erik Nordgren (nordgren_at_sas.upenn.edu)
Date: Mon Jul 25 2011 - 19:28:30 CDT

OK, oops... I searched a little longer and then found the answer, from
a post a year back:

http://www.ks.uiuc.edu/Research/vmd/mailing_list/vmd-l/13701.html

The key is to use the "-e" option, like this:
vmd -e my_saved_state_file.vmd

Or if VMD is already running, you can use the "play" command from the
console prompt, like this:
play my_saved_state_file.vmd

Figured it was quick & easy... :)