From: John Stone (johns_at_ks.uiuc.edu)
Date: Wed Sep 10 2003 - 10:07:34 CDT

Hi,
  This is a function of your X windows keyboard map and xterm defaults.
You can override this either by using the application resources to tell
xterm to use the correct key, by using 'stty erase ^H' in the vmd console
window, by using 'xmodmap' to change the keyboard mappings, or probably
several other methods I haven't thought of. Since you didn't mention which
platform you're using, I can only conclude its a Unix, most likely Linux,
as Linux seems to have the most problem with this in my experience.

Thanks,