From: Michael Zimmermann (michaelz_at_iastate.edu)
Date: Wed Jun 15 2011 - 16:57:39 CDT

Has anyone ever experienced an issue where VMD installs and seems to work
just fine, but any files that are made are not able to be found by Windows?

I am having this experience on a windows 7 machine. I realize that the
windows release notes do not say win7 is supported (so perhaps it's not and
that is the answer), but VMD works fine. I just can't access any files made
by VMD outside of VMD. It's not an issue where the files are not really
there as I can make a file from VMD (using autopsfgen), close VMD, open VMD,
and load the file. Any ideas as to how to get Windows to be able to find
these files?

Michael Z