From: BRAULIO VALDEBENITO MATURANA (bvaldebenito09_at_alumnos.utalca.cl)
Date: Sat May 28 2011 - 23:26:02 CDT

Thanks for the answers, but what we really want to know is (or if you could
pinpoint us to a site where this is explained) how exactly are those density
values in the .dx file related to the atoms in the pdf file, I mean, if
there are some zeros on the first file, how could I be able to tell which
x,y,z coordinates do they match?

We have already looked into tools like CASTp, CSPro, McVol, etc., and they
all use some geometrial approach to solve this problem, like "Delaunay
Triangulation" or using probe spheres. We would like to develop a script
that let us to get a "crude" estimate, like you said. We're in college, and
this is the main task for one of our courses, you could think of this as
something "binary", in the way that the output of the script should say if
there are cavities, where they are, and a rough estimate of their volume.

Cheers,
Braulio.