From: John Stone (johns_at_ks.uiuc.edu)
Date: Fri May 27 2011 - 14:43:04 CDT

Ricardo,
  To check APBS in the system console, just type "apbs" and see if you
get the normal ABPS run messages, or if it gets a segmentation fault or
anything like that. If it works, then this may be an issue with changes
in the APBS input file format in the version you're using. Can you tell
me what kind of calculation you setup in VMD in more detail? If APBS runs
when you try running it on the command line, then I'll want you to send
me a copy of the APBS input config file that the VMD plugin generated.