From: Axel Kohlmeyer (akohlmey_at_gmail.com)
Date: Tue May 10 2011 - 10:39:44 CDT

On Tue, May 10, 2011 at 10:27 AM, Robert Wohlhueter
<bobwohlhueter_at_earthlink.net> wrote:
> I've been using VMD1.9beta3 my box (Ubuntu 10.04, AMD64-bit, with Nvidia GTX
> 275 graphics, NVIDIA driver 260.19.36) successfully for a month now.  I
> thought I would do myself the favor of springing for a second monitor.  The
> dual screen layout set up smoothly in the NVIDIA S Server Settings software,
> and works as expected for most routine purposes.
>
> But when I now try to start VMD I get an "invalid window parameter error",
> specifically:

this is just a wild stab, but could it be that you are using
a compositing window manager?

i remember that we had discussions in the past that using the composite
extension would mess with (some?) OpenGL applications in ways that
would create problems.

axel.

--
Dr. Axel Kohlmeyer