From: John Stone (johns_at_ks.uiuc.edu)
Date: Wed May 04 2011 - 22:36:41 CDT

Hi,
  The VMD DTR plugin was donated by D. E. Shaw Research, so I don't know
much about how the files are generated by desmond during a run or when
the timekeys component is populated. Are you running VMD 1.9, or an
older version? VMD 1.9 includes the latest version of the DTR plugin.
If updating to VMD 1.9 doesn't affect your results, then I think
the best thing would be to contact the support channel for desmond
users and ask there, as they can probably comment about whether
it should be possible to read an in-progress desmond trajectory or not.