From: Edward Lyman (edward.lyman_at_gmail.com)
Date: Sat Apr 30 2011 - 10:39:47 CDT

Hi all,

Jim suggested using the 2.8b1 psfgen with readmol psf. I tried:

readmol psf 50_50_10nm.xplor.psf

but it segfaults:

Info: reading file 50_50_10nm.xplor.psf using plugin psf
WARNING: Plugin-based I/O is still in development and may still have bugs
psfplugin) Detected a Charmm31 PSF file
psfplugin) Detected a Charmm31 PSF EXTEnded file
Data fields found by plugin:
bonds: 74520
psfplugin) no cross-terms defined in PSF file.
angles: 86580 dihedrals: 110700 impropers: 360 cross-terms: 0
Segmentation fault

Version 1, writing the psf from the vmd console gets the bonding topology
right, but does not write the angles and dihedrals correctly, as Axel just
explained.

So, I am looking for some new ideas to get either read a psf with the
extended format, or else convert an extended format psf into a regular
format psf. Any thought are very much appreciated, as is all the help up to
this point.

Ed