From: Ioana Cozmuta (ioana_at_nas.nasa.gov)
Date: Mon Aug 25 2003 - 19:29:55 CDT

Hi John,

What I am actually tying to do is the following:
I have to structures: a protein and a box with water.
I want to center them in zero, align them with the z axis and remove
all the atoms from the box that overlap with the protein.
The problem is the following: if I center both structures in amber (tleap)
in zero when I view them in VMD their centers do not overlap and also
their centers is not zero anymore (although I've especially done that in
amber).
I am just curious why this difference? I wrote a code that does the
removal of the overlaping molecules, that's what I need the radii for.
I will add there the centering but then again I might want to vizualize
the centered structure and vmd may show them again shifted from each
other...

Thanks,
Ioana