From: Justin Gullingsrud (justin_at_ks.uiuc.edu)
Date: Wed Aug 06 2003 - 11:18:20 CDT

Hi,

On Wed, Aug 06, 2003 at 11:16:12AM -0500, Justin Gullingsrud wrote:
> Paul,
>
> What version of Python do you have installed on your system? The only reason
> I can think of at the moment for why VMD's built-in modules wouldn't be
> recogized is if the version of Python VMD uses (2.2.2) is different from the
> one on your system. That would result in your being able to import regular
> Python libraries but not VMD libraries.

I should have mentioned: if this is indeed the cause of the problem,
there's no need to replace whatever you have on your system; you can do
a local installation of Python 2.2.2 somewhere, then set the PYTHONHOME
environment variable in your VMD startup script to to point to that
installation.

Justin

--
  Justin Gullingsrud        3111 Beckman Institute        217-244-8946
  I been dropping the new science, and I be kicking the new knowledge,