From: Axel Kohlmeyer (akohlmey_at_gmail.com)
Date: Thu Jan 27 2011 - 20:05:25 CST

On Thu, Jan 27, 2011 at 8:14 PM, Peter C. Lai <pcl_at_uab.edu> wrote:
> Hello
>
> Using the VRML2 render option creates a VRML2 file that causes Paraview/VTK
> to segfault when loading the vrml file...We're using paraview to do some
> specialized visualization stuff that requires it (and we'd like to get
> colors imported...)
>
> UCSF Chimera outputs a working vrml2 file but Chimera has issues with other
> things and I'd really like to avoid using it and stick with VMD if possible...
>
> Any suggestions?

peter,

a segmentation fault is first and foremost a bug in the application
that segfaults. so you should first talk to the paraview developers
and see, if that bug can be fixed. if then there is evidence, that
the vrml output of VMD is incorrect you should post to vmd-l again.

cheers,
    axel.

> Peter C. Lai                 | University of Alabama-Birmingham
> Programmer/Analyst           | BEC 257
> Genetics, Div. of Research   | 1150 10th Avenue South
> pcl_at_uab.edu                  | Birmingham AL 35294-4461
> (205) 690-0808               |

Dr. Axel Kohlmeyer