From: Hurt, Darrell (NIH/NIAID) [E] (darrellh_at_niaid.nih.gov)
Date: Tue Dec 21 2010 - 11:18:00 CST

I think the mutation tool in the VMD GUI will work for you and build the PSF automatically.

Extensions > Modeling > Mutate Residue

On 12/20/10 10:29 PM, "Bharat Kumar" <bharat.stanam_at_gmail.com> wrote:

Hi,

I want to replace a wildtype protein in an embedded POPC membrane with a mutant one. I loaded the wild-type, embedded in membrane, and the mutant PDBs. I used the RMSD calculator to calculate RMSD and then aligned the backbone CA atoms of mutatnt with that of wildtype. Now I want to 1) save the coordinates of the mutant and the membrane without wildtype as a single PDB file and 2) To generate PSF for this PDB file.

Can you please give me some directions in achieving first the first job and then the second task?

sincerely,
Bharat.

Darrell Hurt, Ph.D.
Section Head, Computational Biology
Bioinformatics and Computational Biosciences Branch (BCBB)
OCICB/OSMO/OD/NIAID/NIH

31 Center Drive, Room 3B62G
Bethesda, MD 20892
Office 301-402-0095
Mobile 301-758-3559
http://bioinformatics.niaid.nih.gov (Within NIH)
http://exon.niaid.nih.gov (Public)

Disclaimer: The information in this e-mail and any of its attachments is confidential and may contain sensitive information. It should not be used by anyone who is not the original intended recipient. If you have received this e-mail in error please inform the sender and delete it from your mailbox or any other storage devices. National Institute of Allergy and Infectious Diseases shall not accept liability for any statements made that are sender's own and not expressly made on behalf of the NIAID by one of its representatives.