From: John Stone (johns_at_ks.uiuc.edu)
Date: Fri Dec 03 2010 - 14:17:31 CST

Hi,
  For Gelato, if you want to customize the resolution after you've rendered
it at the resolution matching the original VMD window, you'll need to edit
the generated .pyg file. See page 172 of the Gelato guide here:
  film.download.nvidia.com/techref.pdf

There may be a way to override the scene parameters in the .pyg file
from command line parameters, but I don't know it off the top of my head.

For Tachyon, you can either run it with the "-res" flag, e.g. by adding
  -res Xres Yres
or by editing the .dat file as appropriate.