From: John Stone (johns_at_ks.uiuc.edu)
Date: Tue Nov 16 2010 - 23:43:17 CST

Hi,
  I am just catching up on this string of emails.
Under normal conditions, Tachyon renders one scene file at a time.
You can either compile Tachyon yourself, or you can use the version
that is provided with VMD. If you are using the movie maker plugin
with VMD, you should be able to have it run Tachyon for you, so that
the movie image frames are generated automatically with no manual
intervention or other scripting. The standard builds of Tachyon
do not include PNG support, so to render .png files, you would need
to compile Tachyon from source code and enable this optional feature.

If you still have questions, I will need more specific details on what
you have done, which Tachyon binary you are trying to run, etc.
In the text you sent below, you show the commands you tried to run
but not the error message(s) you have gotten, or any output generated
by your attempts, which makes it somewhat difficult to guess what
you are doing wrong. If you want any further assistance, we need you
to provide us with detailed logs of not only the commands you
attempted to run, but also the output you received along with any
error messages, etc.