From: John Stone (johns_at_ks.uiuc.edu)
Date: Tue Nov 16 2010 - 15:23:14 CST

Hi,
  The easiest way to do this would be to write a tracker driver
for VRPN and/or FreeVR, as VMD can interface to these libraries already.
I know that prevoius revs of FreeVR could use VRPN trackers, though I haven't
tried doing this for head tracking specifically. Either of these approaches
would require far less effort that recreating what these libraries already do,
and then you wouldn't even have to modify VMD itself.