From: John Stone (johns_at_ks.uiuc.edu)
Date: Tue Jul 15 2003 - 23:33:55 CDT

Romaric,
  Can you try running the test version of VMD that we've got
posted here and let me know if it yields any interesting OpenGL
errors or warnings as it runs? If there are any OpenGL errors
this version will complain about them and return a bit of minimal
info. If you get errors, then we'll proceed to the next step and I'll
build you a binary that has more aggressive OpenGL debugging enabled
and we can figure out why your display gets the funny initialization
problem sometimes:
  ftp://ftp.ks.uiuc.edu/pub/mdscope/vmd/alpha/

Thanks,