From: John Stone (johns_at_ks.uiuc.edu)
Date: Wed Nov 03 2010 - 13:40:30 CDT

Hi,
  You want to do something more like this (cut out of another script):

proc mergeallpdbs { workdir basefilename } {
  global env

  package require psfgen
  package require readcharmmtop

  # this next line is a total hack and needs to be updated
  set topologyfile [format "%s/plugins/noarch/tcl/readcharmmtop1.0/top_all27_prot_lipid_na.inp" $env(VMDDIR)]

  psfcontext new
  resetpsf
  topology $topologyfile
  pdbalias residue HIS HSD

  set nseg 1
  foreach pdb [lsort [glob $workdir/*.pdb]] {
    set segid V$nseg
    puts stdout "PDB: $pdb $segid"
    segment $segid {
      first NONE
      last NONE
      pdb $pdb
    }
    coordpdb $pdb $segid
    incr nseg
  }

  guesscoord

  set psffilename [format "%s.psf" $basefilename]
  set pdbfilename [format "%s.pdb" $basefilename]
  writepsf $psffilename
  writepdb $pdbfilename
}