From: Parisa Akhski (Parisa.Akhshi_at_chem.queensu.ca)
Date: Mon Nov 01 2010 - 21:40:11 CDT

Hi Jerome,

Thanks for your reply. I really found your comments useful.
Before writing any script to work on my own PC (second method as you mentioned), I would prefer to use the VMD text mode and use the command:

vmd -dispdev text -e script.tcl

I found the pbcunwrap.tcl script as provided in pbctools 2.5. However, after typing

vmd -dispdev text -e pbcunwrap.tcl

this is what I get:

Info) VMD for LINUXAMD64, version 1.8.7a63 (March 31, 2009)
Info) http://www.ks.uiuc.edu/Research/vmd/
Info) Email questions and bug reports to vmd_at_ks.uiuc.edu
Info) Please include this reference in published work using VMD:
Info) Humphrey, W., Dalke, A. and Schulten, K., `VMD - Visual
Info) Molecular Dynamics', J. Molec. Graphics 1996, 14.1, 33-38.
Info) -------------------------------------------------------------
Info) Multithreading available, 8 CPUs detected.
Info) Free system memory: 7613MB (95%)
Info) No CUDA accelerator devices found.
Info) Creating CUDA device pool and initializing hardware...
vmd >

It seems that vmd does not do anything. I think it does not even start loading the psf and dcd files. So, I tried this:

vmd -dispdev text -psf filename.pdf -dcd filename.dcd

and it loads both files successfully. Then I tried running pbcunwrap.tcl using several guessed commands but, none of them worked. Would you please help me if you have any idea?

Thanks,
Parisa