From: Joshua A. Anderson (joaander_at_umich.edu)
Date: Thu Sep 09 2010 - 06:50:43 CDT

I successfully built VMD for Mac OS X x86_64 against FLTK's trunk
(which now has support for the 64-bit library that replaced Carbon).
This isn't something John would do for a release version, but it is a
pathway for those of us building for our own use.

I didn't run into any tcl/tk 32/64 issues, but I did install those
with macports - perhaps they have already solved the tricky issues.
--------
Joshua A. Anderson, Ph.D.
Chemical Engineering Department, University of Michigan