From: Ian Stokes-Rees (ijstokes_at_hkl.hms.harvard.edu)
Date: Thu Aug 12 2010 - 15:56:18 CDT

 I have a 2000 frame animation. I'd like to add a representation which
is a distance line between two residues -- the standard sort of thing
you get on any engineering drawing:

      | 5.5 A |
res_y ---------------------------- res_y
      | |

This seems like a standard sort of thing to do, but I can't see a way to
easily do this without learning a lot of VMD scripting details to add
this on a frame by frame basis (I'm sure if I knew Tcl and VMD, this
would be almost trivially easy, but acquiring that knowledge will likely
take me many hours to days of trial and error).

Also, I would love to have an animated contact map of two domains in an
MD simulation. Is such a thing possible?

Thanks,

Ian

--
Ian Stokes-Rees, PhD                       W: http://hkl.hms.harvard.edu
ijstokes_at_hkl.hms.harvard.edu               T: +1 617 432-5608 x75