From: John Stone (johns_at_ks.uiuc.edu)
Date: Wed Jun 18 2003 - 12:57:00 CDT

Kelvin,
  I suspect that the environment variables are the source of your problem,
specifically this one:
DYLD_LIBRARY_PATH=/Applications/OpenOffice.org1.0.1/program:/Applications/OpenOffice.org1.0.1/program/filter:/usr/X11R6/lib

Try taking that out of your .cshrc/.login files (or other scripts that they
source) and I bet that VMD runs fine from then on.

I suspect that the "/usr/X11R6/lib" is what is actually causing the OpenGL
dynamic linkage failure you're seeing. At the very least, I'd recommend
taking that part out of the DYLD_LIBRARY_PATH variable.

Thanks,