From: John Stone (johns_at_ks.uiuc.edu)
Date: Thu Jun 24 2010 - 14:58:59 CDT

Hi,
  I haven't tried using driver 256.35 yet, but we have driver 256.22 working
just fine on one of our machines here. My suggestion is that you're
having trouble with that particular driver, you may wish to revert to
a more stable driver version. The driver version that NVIDIA is
providing on the CUDA download pages is 195.36.15, so that's probably
the "safe" driver version to be using for the time being. We've had no
trouble with that driver so far as I recall. Every driver release carries
the risk of new bugs, so my advice to people is to try and stay with whatever
driver is stable on their hardware until they have a strong need to
upgrade for feature or version compatibility reasons.