From: John Stone (johns_at_ks.uiuc.edu)
Date: Fri Jun 18 2010 - 16:20:57 CDT

Hi Bob,
  I'm still way behind on emails as I'm sure you can guess.
For some time I've wanted to change the way the graphical representations
are indexed so that they are given non-reusable unique ID numbers, in much
the same way that molecules are indexed as you point out below. This is
still on my TODO list along with a bunch of other things, but I may finally
get to it later this summer. I have to see what will break as a result of
the necessary changes before I commit to it.

Cheers,
  John