From: John Stone (johns_at_ks.uiuc.edu)
Date: Thu Jun 17 2010 - 14:41:03 CDT

I'm not a LAMMPS user, but I was under the impression that the LAMMPS
folks had some scripts to sort out these issues?
You might search the mailing lists (this one and LAMMPS) for such a script.
Otherwise, perhaps Axel or one of the other LAMMPS users can direct
you to a script or something you can use.