From: Rabab Toubar (rtoubar_at_yahoo.com)
Date: Tue Jun 15 2010 - 11:22:55 CDT

Hi Axel,
I have another problem now, using your suggested tcl script
#load .gro and .psf file into vmd
set mol1 [mol new pr.psf waitfor all]
set mol2 [mol new pr.gro waitfor all]

set sel1 [atomselect $mol1 all]
set sel2 [atomselect $mol2 water]
set sel3 [atomselect $mol2 CL]

# Recalculate bonds
mol2 bondsrecalc $mol2
topo retypebonds

# merge selections into new molecule.
package require topotools
::TopoTools::selections2mol "$sel1 $sel2 $sel3"

# write out new molecule
animate write psf axel_new.psf

this gives me the correct number of atoms in the system, but with no charges for the protein, but if I use ::TopoTools::selections2mol "$sel1 $sel2" the charges are correct, but obviously I have no chloride ions

I tried to look into the topotools plugin and everything in the script looks OK for me

Thanks
Rabab Toubar