From: John Stone (johns_at_ks.uiuc.edu)
Date: Fri Jun 13 2003 - 09:53:49 CDT

Dear Dallas,
  I assume that by 'contours' you are referring to isosurfaces of
volumetric data such as electron density maps, electron orbitals,
potential maps, etc? If that's what you are referring to, then yes,
VMD can load and display such data sets. The new version of VMD includes
readers for 4 differenet electron density map formats, and a reader for
Gaussian 'cube' files. You can also load volumetric data via Tcl scripting
if you have some other data format that we don't have a reader for yet.

Thanks,