From: Bjoern Olausson (namdlist_at_googlemail.com)
Date: Mon May 10 2010 - 08:37:58 CDT

On Monday 10 May 2010 14:28:24 David Poger wrote:
> Dear VMD Users,
>
> I'd like to create an AVI movie starting from frames in the PNG format. So
> far, using QuickTime Pro, I've only managed to get a movie with a very
> poor quality. I generally create movies in the MOV format and the final
> quality of the movies is always very high, close to quality of the initial
> frames (rendered with POV-Ray). What setting should I use for AVIs? or is
> it normal that my AVI movies look so bad (somewhat inherent to the AVI
> comprerssion)? Thanks for your help.
>
> David

Render the images with ${whatever}, run my script "mkmovie.sh" on the
resulting images. Find it here: http://olausson.de/scriptarchive/16-modeling).

Comment out the formats you don't like, tweak the video codec settings to fit
your needs.

The script needs "mencoder" which normally comes with "mplayer" on most Linux
distributions. http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/MEncoder

Kind regards
Bjoern Olausson

--
Bjoern Olausson
Martin-Luther-Universität Halle-Wittenberg