From: David Poger (d.poger_at_uq.edu.au)
Date: Mon May 10 2010 - 07:28:24 CDT

Dear VMD Users,

I'd like to create an AVI movie starting from frames in the PNG format. So far, using QuickTime Pro, I've only managed to get a movie with a very poor quality. I generally create movies in the MOV format and the final quality of the movies is always very high, close to quality of the initial frames (rendered with POV-Ray). What setting should I use for AVIs? or is it normal that my AVI movies look so bad (somewhat inherent to the AVI comprerssion)?
Thanks for your help.

David

Dr. David POGER
Postdoctoral Research Fellow
Molecular Dynamics Group
School of Chemistry and Molecular Biosciences (SCMB)
Molecular Biosciences Building (#76)
The University of Queensland
Brisbane, QLD 4067
Australia

E: d.poger_at_uq.edu.au | T: +61 7 3365 7562 | F: +61 7 3365 3872

 Notice: Unless stated otherwise, this e-mail represents only
 the views of the Sender and not the views of The University
 of Queensland.