From: John Stone (johns_at_ks.uiuc.edu)
Date: Thu Apr 22 2010 - 10:26:59 CDT

Hi Olaf,
  I can look into adding a new atom selection keyword that selects
all atoms that are bonded together. Do you have any requirements
for this other than that they are the complete set of atoms that
are bonded with each other?

The existing "fragment" keyword is very closely tied to the
internal organization of VMD's data structures, and needs to remain
the way it is for the purposes of dealing with various problematic
protein and nucleic acid structures.

Cheers,
  John