From: Marek Maly (marek.maly_at_ujep.cz)
Date: Fri Mar 26 2010 - 18:07:55 CDT

Hi Leif,

I solved this problem this way.

After common installation of VMD I created
symbolic link "vmd" which is connected with
"startup.command" file which should be after
common installation here:

/Applications/VMD 1.8.7.app/Contents/MacOS/

This "vmd" link I created in the same directory.

Above full path I added into $PATH variable by putting
line "export PATH=/Applications/VMD\ 1.8.7.app/Contents/MacOS/:$PATH" into

"etc/profile"

So now when I type vmd command on the terminal it works perfectly.

The whole trick is not to run from the terminal directly VMD binary file
but "startup.command" script.

Good luck !

    Marek

http://www.opera.com/mail/