From: Yue Yang (yang.qtp_at_gmail.com)
Date: Wed Feb 17 2010 - 22:22:27 CST

Hi all,

I'm using VMD 1.8.7 on a Mac running Snow Leopard system and getting trouble into getting the numeric library of python work. In order to run the interactive essential dynamics package in VMD, I installed the NumPy-1.3.0, however, no matter how I set the $PYTHONHOME variable, I can't get 'gopython' work in VMD console window, every time I tried that, a message 'invalid command name "gopython"' is returned. On the other hand, I noticed that here's a website "VMD python library" at " http://www.ks.uiuc.edu/Research/vmd/plugins/pythonlib/ ", however, there seems no suitable choice for Mac. Is there a Mac version VMD python library available? Or can anybody help me out of this?

Best,
Yue