From: John Stone (johns_at_ks.uiuc.edu)
Date: Tue Feb 16 2010 - 10:25:37 CST

Hi,
  You can compute this for a given molecule by transforming the
default view direction { 0 0 -1 } by the inverse of the molecule's
rotation matrix:
  set R [lindex [molinfo top get rotate_matrix] 0]
  set viewdir [coordtrans [measure inverse $R] {0 0 -1}]

You can similarly compute the position of the camera in molecule
coordinates by applying the right transformations to the original
camera position in world coordinates.

Cheers,
  John