From: John Stone (johns_at_ks.uiuc.edu)
Date: Fri Feb 12 2010 - 00:21:01 CST

Hi,
  What version of VMD are you running? I can't be sure
without seeing the precise error message you're getting,
but it sounds to me like you're running an old alpha or
beta version of VMD. I did a test matching what you wrote
below and I don't get any such warnings or errors, so it's
not clear to me where that would be coming from. If you are
running an old alpha or beta version of VMD, then now would
be an excellent time to upgrade to the released version.