From: John Stone (johns_at_ks.uiuc.edu)
Date: Fri Feb 12 2010 - 00:00:21 CST

Hi,
  You can start out by using the AutoPSF plugin in VMD to try
and build your structure, optionally adding ions etc. It's not
clear from your email precisely what you are looking for, but
generally speaking you need to go through multiple steps to
build a complete structure, generating the PSF is really just
the last step, and perhaps the most mechanical. I would suggest
that you read through the NAMD/VMD tutorials, in particular
the ones related to structure building:
  http://www.ks.uiuc.edu/Training/Tutorials/