From: John Stone (johns_at_ks.uiuc.edu)
Date: Wed May 28 2003 - 14:36:42 CDT

Marc,
  All the vmdsock_selread() function does is wait until there's
something available for reading on the socket. Note that the NAMD
code has two modes of operation: a blocking mode where it loops
waiting for an IMD connection, and a polling mode where it just
does a quick test to see if an IMD connection came in since the
last check, see GlobalMasterIMD::calculate() in the NAMD source.

>From there, if there was an incoming socket, it does a call to
vmdsock_accept(), then my_imd_connect() which does the necessary
handshaking process by calling imd_handshake().

Does that make sense?
What error are you getting during vmdsock_selread()???
What's the return code and/or errno set to in your program?

What system are you running this code on?

Thanks,